Great Lakes Foods is currently seeking a Warehouse Janitor.
Great Lakes Foods has been successfully serving independent grocers in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Illinois for over 100 years from our 300,000 square foot warehouse located in Menominee, Michigan. We are a fast-growing grocery wholesaler serving a network of well over 100 retail grocery stores, striving to provide the best quality, service, and value to its customers. We are constantly looking for bright, motivated people ready to contribute to our success. If you are looking to build a career in an environment of respect, honesty, and integrity then we would like you to consider joining our team, that provides the best quality, service, and value to its customers.
The Job's primary tasks and duties include, but not limited to:
Performs assigned duties and functions to support general upkeep and cleaning of the facility to ensure a safe, clean, and orderly work environment. This position is responsible for various functions within the Distribution Center.
Essential Functions of the job include:
- Sweeps, vacuums, mops, scrubs, waxes and polishes floors using industrial vacuum cleaners and scrubbing and buffing machines.
- Clean bathrooms-scrub floors, empty trash, wipe down sinks, clean toilets.
- Sometimes using ladders, dusts and washes walls, cleans ceilings and dusts and polishes light fixtures.
- Moves cabinets, boxes, crates and equipment to clean areas. May remove stains from such surfaces as rugs, walls, and floors using chemicals and cleaning solutions.
- May also sweep walks, rake leaves, remove snow or perform other incidental seasonal tasks.
- Use of compactor for cardboard and plastic for recycling.
The janitor performs their work in a warehouse setting. The primarily focus will be interior cleanliness of the facility. This facility has both coolers and freezers with temperatures as cold as -15 degrees. Additional PPE equipment is required to work in freezer (supplied by Great Lakes Foods).
Walks, sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves continually during working hours. Is subject to lifting over 50 pounds.
High school diploma or G.E.D equivalent preferred.
Some previous experience in an industrial setting.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $14.00 per hour
Schedule: Sunday – Thursday 2:00pm-10:00pm
In compliance with Federal and State Equal Employment Opportunity laws, qualified applicants must be able to perform essential functions of the position and are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, arrest/conviction record, ancestry, or other class protected by law.